Careers At YWCA Chicago
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Family Advocate Specialist
||Early Childhood Services|
COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FULFILL ON THEIR PURPOSE, MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE FOR OTHERS, AND ADVANCE THEIR CAREER! The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, a 21st Century, business-savvy, social enterprise committed to “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women,” is seeking an EARLY HEAD START FAMILY ADVOCATE SPECIALIST. This is a full time, exempt position, reporting directly to the Early Head Start Family Advocate Supervisor.
Overall Purpose: Plan, organize and implement the Family and Community Partnership service area.
- Recruit and enroll families/children
- Develop and implement individualized Family Partnership agreements with parents
- Ensure eligibility, recruitment, selection, attendance and family and community engagement criteria are met
- Coordinate with the Economic Empowerment program to provide training for Families
- Provide ongoing coaching sessions with families to set individual goals and offer resources
- Meet requirements of the Head Start performance standards
- Work closely with CCAP team to ensure continued eligibility and proper submission of documents for families
- Credentialed or certified in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field; AA or BS degree in social work preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments simultaneously as needed
- Ability to travel locally and to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various education, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds
- Thrives in an environment in which collaboration, partnership, and empowerment are the key cultural elements
Applicant Tracking System Powered by