Careers At YWCA Chicago
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
||Early Childhood Services|
COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FULFILL ON THEIR PURPOSE, MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE FOR OTHERS, AND ADVANCE THEIR CAREER! The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, a 21st Century, business-savvy, social enterprise committed to “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women,” is seeking an EARLY HEAD START FISCAL SPECIALIST. This is a full time, exempt position, reporting directly to the Early Head Start Operations/QA Supervisor.
Overall Purpose: Oversee and direct the accounting, financial auditing, reporting, and budgeting for the program.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of EHS policies and procedures, changes and federal and state regulations and ensure all Early Head Start employees understand regulations and changes
- Recommend and implement accounting and financial systems to meet contract compliance requirement
- Work with the YWCA Finance team to ensure all program regulations are met and budget projections are on target
- Work with Operations to create annual budgets and submits required documents to National Head Start liaisons in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as financial advisor to program staff in their roles as they relate to fiscal aspects of the program
- Monitor the progress of in-kind requirements
- Plan the implementation and facilitation of activities and events, budget spending, material production and resource allocation for partner agencies
- Submit monthly reports to the Operations/QA Supervisor
- Certified Public Accountant or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, fiscal management or a related field
- Minimum of one year of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, computerized fiscal systems
- Financial analytical ability, with an ability to relate fiscal information to programmatic issues and communicate fiscal concepts and requirements to non-fiscal staff
- Ability to understand and apply funding source standards, policies, procedures and requirements to program business
- Excellent fiscal and data management skills
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- Ability to travel locally and to work nights and weekends as needed
- Thrives in an environment in which collaboration, partnership and empowerment are the key cultural elements
Applicant Tracking System Powered by