Careers At YWCA Chicago
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Disabilities and Mental Health Specialist
||Early Childhood Services|
COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FULFILL ON THEIR PURPOSE, MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE FOR OTHERS, AND ADVANCE THEIR CAREER! The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, a 21st Century, business-savvy, social enterprise committed to “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women,” is seeking an EARLY HEAD START DISABILITIES AND MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST. This is a full time, exempt position reporting directly to the Early Head Start Education Manager in Addison.
Overall Purpose: To assure the identification, appropriate intervention and services for children who may have a disability.
- Work with teacher coaches and partner providers to identify children who may have a disability
- Manage, implement and evaluate comprehensive programs for children with disabilities and their families enrolled in Illinois Migrant Head Start Project
- Interpret complex laws, regulations and involvement with other organizations that provide services to children with disabilities and maintain a strong understanding of performance standards, Early Head Start curriculum and ExceleRate Illinois as it relates to Disabilities and Mental Health
- Work with partner child care providers and staff to establish plans and procedures to ensure the safety and security of children
- Work with Teacher coaches to evaluate the need of each site and devise a training strategy
- Provide technical assistance and training presentations to child care providers and coordinate training and technical assistance efforts with the Child Care Resource and Referrals’ Quality team
- Work with child care provider partners to recruit and meet required disabilities enrollment per EHS standards
- Work with teachers to develop & implement individual educational plans for children
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, social welfare, public administration, or one of the social sciences
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred but not required
- Effective communication skills -- oral and written -- and strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Early Childhood Classroom experience
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- Ability to travel locally and to work nights and weekends as needed
- Thrives in an environment in which collaboration, partnership and empowerment are the key cultural elements
Applicant Tracking System Powered by