Careers At YWCA Chicago
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
||Early Childhood Services|
COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FULFILL ON THEIR PURPOSE, MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE FOR OTHERS, AND ADVANCE THEIR CAREER! The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, a 21st Century, business-savvy, social enterprise committed to “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women,” is seeking an EARLY HEAD START EDUCATION MANAGER for our location in Addison.
Overall Purpose: To ensure the programmatic quality of Early Head Start programming at all partner child care provider sites.
- Work with partner child care providers and staff to establish plans and procedures to ensure the safety and security of children
- Work with Teacher coaches to evaluate the need of each site and devise training strategies
- Coordinate relevant trainings needed and recommend to Family Advocate Supervisor
- Monitor and review the professional development plans and progress of trainees
- Develop, coordinate and present training and development programs for all employees
- Hire, train and monitor Teacher coaches and Disabilities/Mental Health specialist
- Ensure each child care provider partner works with social service agencies to recruit and meet required disabilities enrollment per EHS standards
- Work with EHS Director to coordinate contract for Nurse practitioners and provide guidance & supervision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, social welfare, public administration, or one of the social sciences
- Minimum of three years of preschool management experience
- Proficient in FCCERS, ITERS, and ExceleRate Illinois Quality measures
- Experience in human services program management, including program planning, operations & evaluation, and the use of MIS systems
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments simultaneously as needed
- Ability to travel locally and to work nights and weekends as needed
- Demonstrated, well-developed leadership abilities of problem-solving, communications, adaptability, good judgment, work well under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills incorporating all strategies for all learning areas
- Thrives in an environment in which collaboration, partnership and empowerment are the key cultural elements
Applicant Tracking System Powered by