Careers At YWCA Chicago
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Early Head Start Director
||Early Childhood Services|
COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FULFILL ON THEIR PURPOSE, MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE FOR OTHERS, AND ADVANCE THEIR CAREER! The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, a 21st Century, business-savvy, social enterprise committed to “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women,” is seeking an EARLY HEAD START DIRECTOR for our location in Addison.
Overall Purpose: To oversee the daily operations of the Early Head Start Program and assure all the program mandates and standards for excellence are met. The need is immediate and the impact possibilities on the children and their families is immense.
- Plan, formulate, coordinate and implement Early Head Start programming
- Provide direction and leadership for all program areas
- Develop the structure, systems, and procedures for Early Head Start Programming
- Develop policies and operating procedures, based on federal regulations
- Ensure the program meets i-kind and volunteer requirements
- Work with the ECE Director to prepare the grant application in conjunction with the governing board ad policy council
- Work directly with the the Head Start policy council to provide guidance regarding the implementation of program governance requirements
- Identify contractual partner agencies, negotiate contract terms and monitor deliverables
- Serve as the liaison to the regional office of Head Start and maintain oversight of the Early Head Start budget
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, social welfare, public administration, or one of the social sciences
- Minimum of three years of preschool management experience
- Experience in human services program management, including program planning, operations & evaluation, and the use of management information systems
- Ability to pass a health examination and a criminal background check
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments simultaneously as needed
- Ability to travel locally and to work nights and weekends as needed
- Demonstrated, well-developed leadership abilities of problem-solving, communications, adaptability, good judgment, work well under pressure
- Thrives in an environment in which collaboration, partnership and empowerment are the key cultural elements
Applicant Tracking System Powered by