Careers At YWCA Chicago
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
SUPERVISOR - CHILDREN'S CLINICAL PROGRAM
||SVSS Clinical Services |
COMPELLING OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO FULFILL ON THEIR PURPOSE, MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE FOR OTHERS, AND ADVANCE THEIR CAREER! The YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, a 21st Century, business-savvy, social enterprise committed to “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women,” is seeking a SUPERVISOR – CHILDREN’S CLINICAL PROGRAM. This person will be based at our RISE CENTER, located at 820 W. Jackson Blvd in Chicago. This is an exempt, full-time position, based on a Tuesday-Saturday work week, reporting to the Coordinator of the RISE Children’s Clinical Program; salary is commensurate with experience.
We offer a purpose-oriented culture with empowered leadership that enhances confidence, authenticity and agility for all team members in unleashing their purpose and potential in the fulfillment of the YWCA's vision and mission. We truly care about the well-being of all of our team members, offering flexible work schedules to support people being fully engaged in all areas of their lives.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Supervisor – Children’s Clinical Program assists management staff in all aspects of the development and management of the counseling program. Key responsibilities include providing clinical supervision to several clinical team members and interns, providing direct clinical services, and administering professional trainings to staff and targeted institutions.
- Assist in the identification of counseling and/or crisis intervention service needs
- Facilitate clinical team meetings
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions
- Participate in the development of quality improvement plans for the Children’s Clinical Program
- Develop supportive programs for therapists who work with children at other YWCA sites
- Participate in the shared responsibility for clinical supervision, evaluation, and the retention of highly qualified staff
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of trainings related to sexual violence
- Develop and coordinate the Children’s Clinical Internship Program
- Ensure that all management and reporting of data is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Foster agency-wide collaboration among the diverse program services offered by the YWCA to enhance the levels of help and assistance potential and existing members receive
- Master’s degree with a major area of study in social work, counseling, or a related field from an accredited university/college
- Licensure as an LCSW/LCPC
- Minimum of three years of counseling experience
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience in trauma, sexual assault, incest, domestic violence or related issues
- Knowledge of children’s development and experience with the impact of complex trauma on children and the family systems
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and the ability to guide others in crisis situations
- Highly developed communication skills – oral, written, public presentations, and relationship-building
Applicant Tracking System Powered by